Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Nokia 5700 XpressMusic Reviewed!

Folks over at SoftPedia recently published a rather comprehensive review of the latest XpressMusic phone Nokia 5700. I really wanted a detailed review of this particular model since 3 months ago, luckily someone did it (aside from ZDNET)! After I've read the verdict, I can (maybe) say that 5700 is indeed the best XpressMusic branded device from Nokia to date. Not to mention the actual comments I've seen from different forums everywhere which mostly had great and positive points about N5700. They also provided a sample video captured by the phone itself, so we'll have an idea what the quality is like. The video looks good enough, at least the resolution is quite satisfactory at 320 x 240 pixels (if you ask me). Meaning, uploading 'em to YouTube will be a better experience compared to my 3250!

Nokia 5700
The reviewer also mentioned that the bundled earphone is better than those of 3250's. Bare in mind that sound quality mostly depends on the quality of the earphones plugged-in on a device. I myself use an A4Tech-MK620 in-ear canal earphones. The best quality-price ratio I've ever used! Mind you, it only costs around US$10! I highly recommend A4Tech earphones. Okay, enough about that earphone stuff..

Nokia 5700
Here's a glimpse of the review:


Impressions

Even if the phone didn't quite impress me at first through its design, the moment I started using it I was pleasantly surprised. There's no other Nokia handset that works that fast and with no crashes. I'm not too much into the music thing, but Nokia 5700 impressed me through its vibes. This a very good move from Nokia which managed to mix the functionality of its operating system with the exceptionally good multimedia experience.

Nokia 5700
The Good

Nokia 5700 has been masterfully developed by the Finnish company and excels in all chapters. It has good sound, good signal reception, exceptional operating system, excellent connectivity tools, powerful CPU and above average battery. Furthermore, all the above come for a cheap price as the phone can be acquired for around USD 400 in most countries.

Nokia 5700
The Bad

The only thing that I think it’s worth mentioning is the 5-way joystick which is very hard to handle and the mediocre 2 Megapixel camera. There's always place for better, but Nokia 5700 Xpress Music doesn't seem to have any important flaws that we should complain about.

Nokia 5700
Read the full review
[via: SoftPedia]

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hiii.. can u tell me.... which is better nokia 6233 or nokia 5700? plz reply me at kamath.tushar@gmail.com

viperkid said...

without a doubt, 5700 is clearly better. reasons:

1) front camera for video calls

2) latest Symbian OS available

3) 369mhz CPU + 64mb SDRAM for faster performance (unlike old Symbian phones)

4) supports microSDHC (currently, u can buy a 4GB, by next year 1Q 8GB will be available)

5) bluetooth stereo plus AVRCP support for controlling connected device like stop, play, rew, ff

6) larger screen and better music player application

7) Real player for video streaming support (real player is d most compatible player around d world in many different networks required for 3G video streaming to watch live TV, etc)

8) twisting keypad is definitely cool

d only edge of 6233 is dat it can record a VGA video, 5700 can only record at QVGA. if dat department is not dat important to u, i think ya better go with 5700!

hop dat helps. =)

r4i software said...

Clear screen, good 2mp camera - great quality, usual Nokia user friendliness..

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... I understand this question. I invite to discussion.

©2007 vWorks Network Ltd. - Some Rights Reserved